Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What do photographers do with their daughters on a day off?

 Hanna makes the most beautiful fairies out of petals, and shrubbery.  I've always admired her creativity.  So, I wanted to do something special to share some time with her and preserve this memory in a special way.  We gathered as many pretty things we could find from the yard.  I really have an admiration for spring and all it's little treasures.
We used a barbie as a fit model to create a gown.



This what we have so far.  Hanna said she thought it would take a few minutes, but it was several hours and some frustration.  Who knew sewing flowers and leaves together would be so hard.  We have more up our sleeves for this project and I know we will face some big challenges, but I am proud that we are taking on such a big art project together.  We are already proud of the work and I think Hanna is learning determination and dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment